- 1 What Is Wet Shave? And What Tools Do I need?
- 2 What Is a Safety Razor? (Double Edged Razor Blades)
- 3 Wet Shaving Techniques To Shave With a Safety Razor
- 4 How to Shave With a Safety Razor? (Shaving With a Double Edged Razor Blade)
Are you looking out for the article on how to shave with a safety razor? if your answer is “yes” then this is the perfect detail article especially made for you. Probably we all might have heard “Old is Gold” this quote has copious justification conceal in it. Back in days, when our grandpa shave with Safety Razor or Straight Razor was an a brawn act, still, it is. Back in those days, nevertheless, traditional wet shaving was the daily routine. As time developed, the role of shaving developed too. Today men shave just for presenting himself smart.
What Is Wet Shave? And What Tools Do I need?
Wet Shaving technique is something that every man should pay consolidation on the whole session to get the perfect shave. Once you accustom to it, you going to crave for the next session, definitely.
The wet shaving is a process to shave using tools like glycerin-based shaving cream or soap, brush, and a safety razor. Those tools serve the purpose of getting the perfect shave and close shave.
In wet shaving, use of safety razor for shaving may sound costly compared to today’s modern disposal razors, but this one time standard investment is worth, shaving with safety razor can give you a long run for at least 3-6 months, sometimes even a year!!
What Is a Safety Razor? (Double Edged Razor Blades)
Amidst best razors, safety razor consume less time to get in achieving a perfectly close shave as compared to the straight razor. Safety Razor is a tool with smooth metal crafted with sharp edge blades on both sides. Wet shaving technique works best with a safety razor. Also, the task of replacing the blades of the safety razor once they lose its sharpness is hassle-free. In addition, blades run for a longer period as compare to today’s cartridge razor. 10 cents for blades can give you one week run. A safety razor is also known as double edge razor.
Wet Shaving Techniques To Shave With a Safety Razor
Devising For War
Prior to the battle, one must formulate with the weapons. Shaving beard is no lesser than battle, one wrong turn can give you instant cut, red bump or rashes. Precaution is must before the actual shaving with a Safety Razor to have the perfect shave journey.
If you are one of those who thinks how to not get razor burn? then warm water shower is one of the habitual ways to get prepared for the wet shave. it is an essential part of wet shaving technique. It slackens the hair. It’s not mandatory to take warm water shower in order to slacken the hair, alternatively, wet the towel with warm water and place on the face for 5-10 minutes. You’ll receive almost same freshness on your face as you get after a shower.
You may question why only warm water? why not cold water? BUT no worry, in our upcoming articles we will detail you all the directions with reckoning to cold water too. We are not opposing the use of cold water for shaving, but warm water has its own benefits on shaving.
√Benefits Of Warm Water
- Warm water loosens the hair and unlocked the pores of the skin. That makes easier to lather in order to penetrate to the roots of the hair to achieve a close shave.
- It forces your beard hair to give you the standing ovation, that makes easier to shear them.
- It wipes the dirt that presents on your face which can result in clogging.
Now, Back to Battle!!
lather: – Imply the Strategy
Once you did with the face washing, the second stage is to apply shaving cream/soap and produce lather. If using soap, circulate the shaving brush over the soap for few seconds until you notice foam producing, It is best to use a badger or synthetic shaving brush, as this kind of brushes own an extremely high water holding capability and can produce all round a well-formed shaving lather quickly and easily.
Few people don’t like to build up the lather on the face. Alternatively, take a small clean bowl, put shaving cream followed by few drops of water and swirl the shaving brush in the bowl until you notice foam is producing.
Another way to lather up the face is just apply shaving cream on face, followed with the wet shaving brush and swirl the shaving brush over the face until foam starts producing.
Shaving: – Fight the war
Firstly, lather up your face perfectly. Attempt just one pass with the razor, safety razor blades are sharps and shaving with safety razor can give you instant cut if you shaved without lather, unlike cartridge razor, safety razor don’t consist lubricated stripe to prevent you from cuts.
How to Shave With a Safety Razor?
(Shaving With a Double Edged Razor Blade)
- Shave with a Safety Razor is something that can make you fall in love, once know the perfect way of shaving. Always hold razor firmly and move razor 90 degrees.Many beginners tend to apply more pressure and suffer a cut. Hold the brush handle while shaving side part of the face, and start moving the handle to 30 to 45 degrees as you go down below with “very low” pressure on it. Do the same for the neck area. Eg: If your neck area is tender, refrain passing against the grain.
- Men’s chin area need a lot of attention. Make sure you give enough time to achieve clean shave there.
- No need to pressure when you shave with a safety razor, just touch the blade and let the razor do its job. Commence the shave always with the grain and not against the grain. Once you get affix of wet shaving, you can go against the grain for a close shave or even go across it.
After Shave: Post War
The most important thing is to do aftershave is to close the pores, Smudge the cold water on face, pat with cold wet cloth on the face to close the pores that can palliate irritation on the skin. Later apply your favourite after shave lotion. Aftershave consists of isopropyl alcohol to reduce irritation and prevent from cuts.